Home of Oleaceae information site
About Eva Wallander
I am a Swedish botanist (born 1968) and I conducted my PhD research during 1995 - 2001 at the Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Göteborg University, Sweden. In December 2001, I presented my PhD thesis concerning the evolution of pollination and breeding systems in Fraxinus and other genera of the Oleaceae. Directly after that I got a full-time research position (postdoc) from January 2002 to June 2005 in the EU-funded project FRAXIGEN. When the project finished I had a baby and when I resumed working again I had a temporary part-time position as lecturer in botany at Göteborg University. In October 2006 I got a job as responsible manager of the national park, nature reserves and other protected areas at the County Administrative Board in Jönköping, Sweden. In August 2009 I got my second baby.
Although I don't work as a researcher anymore, in my spare time I still try to publish results from my previous research. I also maintain this site with information on Fraxinus and Oleaceae and try to keep it updated. If you have any questions, spot any errors, or want to suggest things to add, you are welcome to contact me at this e-mail address.
After I left plant research I donated all my tissue collections of Oleaceae and other taxa and DNA extracted from them to Dr. Richard Olmstead. See list of DNA samples what is now available from the Olmstead lab.
Publication list for Eva Wallander, Ph.D
- Wallander, E. (2001) Evolution of wind-pollination in Fraxinus (Oleaceae) – an ecophylogenetic approach. PhD thesis, Göteborg University, Sweden. [Abstract | Citations]
- Wallander, E. 2013. Systematics and floral evolution in Fraxinus (Oleaceae). Belgische Dendrologie Belge 2012:38-58. [PDF]
- Heung Su Lee, Si Hyung Park, Eva Wallander, Chin-Sung Chang 2012. A flavonoid survey of Fraxinus (Oleaceae) in eastern Asia, and the overlooked species Fraxinus hopeiensis T. Tang in northern China. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 41: 150-156. [PDF]
- Wallander, E. 2008. Systematics of Fraxinus (Oleaceae) and evolution of dioecy. Plant Systematics and Evolution 273: 25-49. [PDF | Citations]
- Cornejo, X. & Wallander, E. 2007. Forestiera corollata: una nueva especie de Oleaceae mesoamericana. Ibugana 13(2): 13-16. [PDF | Citations]
- Jensen, S. R., Franzyk, H., and Wallander, E. 2002. Chemotaxonomy of the Oleaceae: iridoids as taxonomic markers. Phytochemistry 60: 213-231. [PDF | Citations]
- Wallander, E. & Albert, V. A. 2000. Phylogeny and classification of Oleaceae based on rps16 and trnL-F sequence data. American Journal of Botany 87(12): 1827-1841. [Abstract | Erratum | PDF | Citations]
Books (contributor of)
- FRAXIGEN. 2005. Ash species in Europe: biological characteristics and practical guidelines for sustainable use. Oxford Forestry Institute, University of Oxford, UK. 128 pp. (downloadable at the FRAXIGEN website)
- Wallander, E. and V. A. Albert. 1999. Dimetra and Nyctanthes in Oleaceae. Flora Malesiana Bulletin 12(5): 231. [Full text]
- Wallander, E. 2000. Phylogenetic relationships among the Ashes of the world, Fraxinus (Oleaceae). American Journal of Botany 87(6), suppl.: 165-166. [Abstract]
Manuscripts in progress
- E. Wallander, S. Rendell, B. Eriksen, G. Bochenek, and D. Boshier. Paternal success and inbreeding depression in Fraxinus excelsior L. (Oleaceae)
- Å. Dahl and E. Wallander. Flowering periodicity and mast fruiting in Fraxinus excelsior L. (Oleaceae): a long-term study
- E. Wallander, X. Cornejo and S. Nylinder. Phylogeny and taxonomy of Forestiera and Priogymnanthus (Oleaceae)
- Bochenek G. M., Wallander E., Eriksen B. Seasonal variation in genetic composition of seeds in Common Ash (Fraxinus excelsior L.).
- Bochenek G. M., Granberg M., Wallander E., Eriksen B. Genetic variation in Swedish seed bank of Common ash (Fraxinus excelsior L) compared to the population of seed origin.
- E. Wallander and Å. Dahl. Sex expression and functional gender in Fraxinus excelsior (Oleaceae)
Maintained by Eva Wallander | Last updated: 2014-02-22